英文學習口說基礎Lv1~Lv3生活

除了「Pardon me?」,10種實用英文表達句:請對方再說一遍

與外國人交談時,有時候可能對方講太快,跟不上速度;或是對方講的內容太深奧,需要進一步的資訊。這種情況下最常用、語氣客氣委婉的英文是「Pardon me?」

聽到這句話,你不必請他「say that again」,他也會再說一次。但是除了我們最熟悉的「pardon」,今天還要告訴你更多說法!

 

pardon me?

一、1分鐘單字速速記 Vocabulary

  • to run something by someone (phr. v.) 把某件事情講給某人聽
  • to speak up (phr. v) 更大聲點說
  • to catch something (phr. v. / figurative) 理解某件事
  • surely (adv.) 當然地
  • inquire (v.) 詢問
  • consolidate (v.) 鞏固,湊合
  • ashamed (adj.) 感到羞愧的

 

二、常用句型 Common Phrases

Wait, what? Excuse me? HUH?
等等,什麼?不好意思?蛤?

Confused? Surely, when you are inquiring clarification from someone, there are more ways than just the standard ‘Pardon me?’ We’ve consolidated a few formal and informal ways to inquire further clarification for you below and we hope you’ll have some fun with these!

覺得困擾嗎?當然?除了「pardon me」以外,其實想搞清楚對方想講什麼,是有很多其他方式的。我們在下面湊合了一些正式跟非正式的詢問方式,希望你們可以靈活運用喔!

 

Formal 正式

I beg your pardon?

請你再說一遍?

Sorry, I didn’t quite catch that, could you explain one more time?

對不起,我剛剛不是很能理解,你可以再解釋一遍嗎?

Would you mind spelling that out for me?

你介意為我把那個字拼出來嗎?

I apologize, but I could barely hear you, would you mind repeating that again?

抱歉,但我剛剛幾乎聽不到你說什麼,你介意重複一遍嗎?

I don’t quite understand, please explain it to me one more time, if you don’t mind.

我不是很懂,如果你不介意的話,請再解釋一遍給我聽。

 

confused

Informal 非正式

What was that?

剛你講啥?

Huh? (very informal, and can be a bit rude)

蛤?(非常不正式,而且有時會有點粗魯喔)

Say what?

工蝦?

Run that by me again.

再講一遍給我聽。

Did you just say what I think you did?

我剛剛有聽錯嗎?

Come again?

再說一次?

You need to speak up, man.

大聲點,老兄。

 

三、情境對話 Scenario Application

Formal 正式

A: I would -blah blah blah-…

A:我想-什麼什麼什麼-…

B: I beg your pardon? I didn’t quite catch that… Would you mind repeating that again?

B:你可以再說一遍嗎?我沒有很清楚你說什麼…你介意為我重複一遍嗎?

A: My name is Timothy Srikarthikeyan.

A:我的名字是Timothy Srikarthikeyan.

B: Would you mind spelling that out for me?

B:你介意拚一下那個字給我聽嗎?

 

Informal 非正式

A: -blah blah blah-… -blah blah blah-… Got it?

A:-什麼什麼什麼-…-什麼什麼什麼-… 聽懂嗎?

B: Say what?

B:哩咧工蝦?

A: And then, it was like -blah blah blah-… -blah blah blah-!!

A:然後,那就像 -什麼什麼什麼-… -什麼什麼什麼-!!

B: Huh? Come again?

B:蛤?再講一次!

A: *whispers*

A:*悄悄話*

B: You need to speak up, man.

B:你必須講大聲點,老兄。

 


Remember, never feel embarrassed or ashamed to ask someone to repeat something or slow down. It’s better to get things right than to have any misunderstanding and miscommunication.

記得,請別人慢下來或請他在講一遍沒什麼不好意思的。再確認一次,總比你誤會對方,或是有錯誤的認知要好得多吧! 可以跟真人練習看看喔。

開會總是沒效率?參考看看這七個訣竅吧。

發佈留言

發佈留言必須填寫的電子郵件地址不會公開。 必填欄位標示為 *

Back to top button