Office workers look forward to payday every month because it means they’ve survived yet another month. Let’s take a look at some phrases about getting paid.
一、 1分鐘單字速速記 Vocabulary
- payday (n.) 發薪日
- office worker (n.) 辦公室工作者
- white-collar worker (n.) 白領工作者
- unpaid leave (n.) 無薪假
- bonus (n.) 薪資福利
- raise (n.) 加薪
- income (n.) 收入
- minimum wage (n.) 最低薪資
- severance pay (n.) 遣散費
二、 薪水大不同 Different Types of Pay
Do you know how many different types of pay there are? Let’s take a look at their differences!
- 月薪：大部份是發給專業員工或白領salary (in most cases, it is for professionals and white-collar workers)
- 薪資(時薪、日薪、週薪)wage / rate (hourly, daily and weekly)
週薪三千 > a weekly wage of $3,000時薪加薪10元 > a $10 hourly rate increase
- 薪資（一份工作可以賺到的錢）pay (money that one receives for their work)
- 所有收入 (包含薪資、獎金、兼差、投資獲利等）income (includes pay from full- and part-time jobs, bonuses, investments, and others)
三、 情境模擬 Scenario Application
Take a look at how we can apply these new words in real-life situations!
He has a monthly salary of $35,000.
I got a raise today as a result of my performance last month.
It’s payday today, let’s celebrate and have a feast tonight!
People with mediocre incomes should work hard and save as much money as they can to avoid using up their salary before the end of each month.