
在職場上,常常會碰到同事向你尋求幫助或被交付一些不是自己分內的工作,怎樣才能委婉拒絕又不傷和氣,讓對方聽了心服口服?
In the workplace, your coworkers may occasionally seek assistance from you, things that are outside of your scope of work. How can you reject someone euphemistically?
內容目錄
一、1分鐘單字速記 Vocabulary
- coworker (n.) 同事
- reject (v.) 拒絕
- euphemistically (adv.) 委婉的
- appreciate (v.) 感謝
- decline (v.) 婉拒
- emergency (n.) 緊急
- in one’s wheelhouse (phrs.) 專長
- recommend (v.) 推薦
二、職場拒絕三部曲 How to Reject Someone at Work in Three Steps
當自己的時間和資源都有限,難免抽不出時間完成別人的請求。記住這三大步驟,讓你在拒絕別人時既得體又不會尷尬!

1. 第一步: 先表示抱歉、感謝
Step One: Apologize and show your appreciation
I’m sorry I’m not able to help you out this time.
抱歉我這次無法幫你。
I really appreciate you asking me.
我很感激、也很榮幸你能來問我。
Thank you for your offer, but I’m afraid we have to decline.
感謝您的提案,很抱歉我們必須婉拒。
I can’t be of assistance this time, but I’d be happy to help you with something else in the future.
這次實在無能為力,但以後還有機會的話,很願意在其他事情上幫忙。

2. 第二步: 說出拒絕對方的理由
Step Two: Explain why
I am swamped.
我的時間都排滿事情了。
I’m sorry, I have an emergency to attend to.
抱歉,我手邊有個急事要處理。
Sorry, but that isn’t my strong suit.
不好意思,那個不是我的強項。
I’m afraid I’m in the middle of something.
我正好有別的事情要做。
3. 第三步: 可以的話,提供對方其他人選
Step Three: Provide other solutions if possible
Jacky might be able to help you with that. I’ll ask him for you.
Jacky 或許可以幫忙你。我會替你問她。
This isn’t in my wheelhouse, but I know someone who might be helpful.
這不是我的專長,但我認識可能可以忙的人。
Let me recommend someone who may be able to help you.
讓我推薦一位應該可以幫你的人。
三、避免事項 Things to Avoid
除了以上之外,在拒絕人時避免心直口快,以免鬧得彼此尷尬,同事間不能愉快合作,記得避免以下的說法喔!

No, I can’t help you.
我不能幫你。
I don’t have time.
我沒有時間。
I’ll think about it next time.
下次我會考慮。
You can do this by yourself.
這件事你可以自己完成。
掌握以上技巧,以後在職場上拒絕別人也可以得體又不傷和氣。