還記得上次我們教大家在機場會用到的實用旅遊英文嗎？然而當飛機即將抵達目的地時，空服人員發下入境卡，準備填寫時卻又再度卡關了嗎？！別擔心，這次幫大家整理了旅遊英文必備 – 入境卡的填寫範例，讓你出國旅遊自在又順利。
一、旅遊英文：入境卡注意事項 Important Notes
Before getting started… 首先．．．
It’ll save you some energy and time to know that you only need one form per family. A family member is anyone who lives in the same household related by blood, marriage, adoption, or domestic relationship.
What is a customs declaration card used for? 入境卡是用來做什麼的呢？
A customs declaration card lists all the details of goods that travelers bring across international borders. For citizens of a country, a declaration card is required for any goods that are being imported or exported. Travelers and citizens may have to pay customs duty tax on the declared goods.
Why is it necessary? 為什麼需要入境卡？
The form helps the country’s borders to control what goes in and out of the country, which can affect the country’s overall economy, security or environment.
What counts as ‘goods’? 什麼可以稱做是「貨物」？
- alcoholic drinks and tobacco products
- live animals, disease agents, and cell cultures
- fresh food, meats, and other animal products
- plant material, seeds, soils
- currency or monetary instruments (such as cash, stocks, checks and money orders)
二、旅遊英文：入境卡中英對照範例 Customs Declaration Card Sample
Let’s get started! 那我們開始吧！
You should refer to the sample form below for further clarification.
1. Your name as presented on your passport.
2. Birthday (format may vary from country to country, read carefully)
3. Number of family members with you (on the same flight, not including yourself)
4. For residents, use your home address. For visitors, use the address of the hotel or other forms of accommodation that you’ll be staying at during your stay.
5. The country that issued your passport.
6. Passport number.
7. The country you currently live in.
8. All the countries you’ve visited before entering this one.
9. Airline name and flight number.
10. Are you on vacation or traveling for business?
11. Are you bringing any of the things listed here? Really, you should say ‘NO’ to all, but you should be HONEST if you are bringing something listed here.
12. Have you or anyone traveling with you touched livestock prior to entering this country?
13. You need to declare your cash / monetary value if it’s over a certain amount (different from country to country).
14. Are you bringing anything you plan to sell or give out as samples?
15. This is where you declare the amount of money you spent on things you purchased abroad. The limit for residents and visitor is different, and usually, for visitors, the value should include the total value of things you’re bringing AND leaving in the country. (NOTE: approximation is fine)
Sometimes even if you’ve filled out everything correctly, you may still be asked to step aside and be questioned furthermore by a customs officer. This can be due to many reasons, such as 1) they suspect you’re not being honest, 2) you look too nervous, 3) random checks, and 4) they’re having a bad day! Whatever the reason is, as long as your clean and honest, you should have nothing to worry about.