Whether you’re a student or working the 9-to-5, there are always times when we can’t make it. Let’s explore the different ways to take time off and the many different types of leaves of absence!
- to take (a) day off (phrs. v.) 請假
- annual (paid) leave (n.) 年假、特休
- sick leave (n.) 病假
- injury leave (n.) 傷假
- personal leave (n.) 事假
- official leave / occupational leave (n.) 公假
- maternity leave (n.) 產假 (女方)
- paternity leave (n.) 陪產假 (男方)
- marital leave / marriage leave (n.) 婚假
- bereavement leave / funeral leave (n.) 喪假
- parental leave (n.) 育嬰假
- menstruation leave / menstrual leave / period leave (n.) 生理假
- unpaid leave (n.) 無薪假
二、基本句型 Basic Phrases
請假的「假」是 leave (n.)或是 day off (n.)，而請假的「請」要用甚麼呢?
- take a(n) _____ leave / day (off)
- request for a(n) _____ leave / day (off)
- ask for a(n) _____ leave / day (off)
- apply for a(n) _____ leave / day (off)
- on _____ leave
- have a _____ leave
take (拿走)、request for (要求)、ask for (要求)、apply for (申請)、 have (有)、on (在..)，後面加上假別，就是請假的基本例句囉~
範例演練 Examples and Practice
- Sir, could I have three days off next week?
- I’d like to take a personal leave tomorrow.
- I’m not feeling well. I’d like to ask for a sick leave this afternoon.
- Linda will be away on maternity leave for a month.
- I am getting married next month. May I apply for a marriage leave?
- I’m on my period. I need to request a menstruation leave.